Friday, March 7, 2008

sun and fun

Well... not quite yet, but we are getting excited about a beach trip planned with friends next week. We are heading to Murrells Inlet for 4 days or so and will pile into Nana and Papa's house for some games, music and movies. Then eat out, go play in the sand and maybe fly some kites too. It should be another terrific memory to add to the many special memories we already have of that peaceful place.

This week has been interesting. Elissa had a fever of 102.6 on Monday night and we prayed (and worried a little) over her until that passed. The rest of the week she has been pretty cough-y but is doing much better. My sister Mona had her gall bladder removed yesterday - praise God she is doing well and healing already!

Last thing, a special friend of ours from Clemson is now working in Ethiopia and sends occasional mission updates. Her latest email had this quote inserted and it is part of their theme for the work they are doing there. Pray for her, Sarah Brown. As any of us serve the Lord, this quote applies and the verse with it makes it real! It was such a terrific quote and it just seemed really special to me:

"Royalty is my identity.
Servant hood is my assignment.
Intimacy with God is my life source.
So, before God, I'm an intimate.
Before people, I'm a servant.
Before the powers of hell, I'm a ruler,
with no tolerance for their influence."

~ Bill Johnson
"And He put all things under His feet and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all." ~Ephesians 1:22

1 comment:

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

Wow! sounds like fun!!! I miss you!!