Friday, April 18, 2008

To be a bug...


Being a bug isn't as bad as one might think. I felt like a bug for a few days.... we tent camped for three nights and four days on a primitive site (no water, electricity or showers) at Lake Greenwood last week. It was a lot of fun. I spent my time in the same clothes (as a pact with another courageous and stinky friend) all four days and couldn't have cared less. Smoky clothes are smoky and a shower doesn't help much so I was happy. Isabella and Elissa changed and so did Adam a time or two. Not everyone can love adventure (or stink) as much as some of us.

We ate some of the finest camp food around. Steaks on our last night had to be the highlight. Or... maybe countless (although some kept count) marshmallows were another terrific memory. The Po Boys were fun and that first cup of coffee was a life saver. All in all it was a terrific outing and one we look forward to again sometime.

1 comment:

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

Ha! Leah, you sound like me on my camping trips!! Sounds like loads of fun!!!