Wednesday, January 16, 2008

off again on again

So we are off duty again and have a couple of days free to ourselves. We'll probably piddle around a little and take a little time to rest. The weather is supposed to be rough tomorrow so we'll be glad to snuggle down and keep warm. Movies and hot chocolate are the theme I think. We are having friends over tonight and look forward to laughing a little with them and letting our kids play together. We may try to pop down to Columbia before we go back on duty. We miss the family and so do the girls.

I have started some new things this new year. I am trying out Bible Study Fellowship. It seems to be a very good investment. I am also studying the Bible with some ladies on our campus and am excited to get to know them better and have one more day of focus on the Bible. Another slightly nutty thing is I had a friend approach me about doing the Reedy River 10K Run with her so we started running together today. I love those kinds of goals so I am very excited about that one too.

Adam is in the men's Bible study on campus and that has been a blessing for him. I'm so proud of his commitment to try and be there, study God's Word and enjoy the Christian fellowship. They are a great group of guys. He has also kept up playing basketball at the YMCA and I'm proud that he is taking care of himself.

Isabella and Elissa are incredible as ever. They are such big girls. As much as I am told how fast it all flies by, I think this is the age I just want to stop and watch them for a while... soak it in even. Unfortunately I let lots of other things get in the way, but we love to read, snuggle, tickle and laugh together as often as we can.

No comments: